Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in September 2016, when we were delighted to be judged as a good school.
Here are some comments from the Inspection Report:
- The warm welcome for children starting school lives up to the school’s values of providing a thriving and happy ethos where every child is valued equally and cared for.
- Pupils spoken to feel overwhelmingly safe in school.
- The shared leadership team ensures that all senior leaders play a key role inpromoting a culture of safeguarding.
- Outcomes have continued to improve for pupils in both key stages 1 and 2 over the last five years, building on the successful start pupils get off to in the early years.
As a result of good teaching:
- by the time they leave at the end of Year 6 pupils have caught up with their peers nationally as they move on to secondary school
- children in the early years make rapid progress from their very low starting points
- pupils do very well in the phonics screening check in Year 1 and by the end of Year 2 almost all have reached the expected standard for their age
- standards are above average in mathematics and well above in reading and writing by the end of key stage 1
- pupils have made good progress in key stage 2 especially in writing and mathematics
- disadvantaged pupils have done particularly well in their writing by the end of key stage 2.
Click on the link below to read the full report.