Food at School and Allergen Information for Packed Lunches
At Severne we promote healthy eating. Pupils are taught about healthy diet through PSHE, D&T and Science sessions. We have a full production kitchen with menus planned according to National Standards, including Halal meals. Special dietary requirements can be catered for within this package if medical or religious reasons are stated by Parents/Carers.
Packed lunches for school trips are offered. We wish to highlight to our parents ingredient and allergen information for these packed lunches.
Please note all sandwiches are made with white bread.
Cheese sandwich will contain wheat & milk
Tuna sandwich will contain wheat, egg & fish
The lunch bag will contain a pre labelled yoghurt, a piece of fruit and a bottle of water.
Free School Meals - Criteria to Qualify
A Government programme entitles children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 to a Universal infant free school meal each day. This will be at no cost to parents/carers however, if you are on Universal Credit we would still encourage you to register so that we can access additional funding through Pupil Premium to support your child.
Your child may also qualify for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit ** if you apply on or after 1 April 2018, your household income must be less than £7,400 a year as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (after tax and not including any benefits you get) Your net earned income is your household income after taxes and deductions and does not include income from Universal Credit or any other benefits you may receive.
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (including Child Tax Credit)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- support from the National Asylum Support Service.
Please note - If your child is eligible or becomes eligible for free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they will remain eligible until this date or beyond dependent on what school phase (see below) they are in.
|PRICES AS OF 1st APRIL 2020|
|Reception:||Universal Free School Meal|
|Year 1 & Year 2:|
NOTE - Dinner money should be brought into school on the first day of the week and put in a sealed envelope marked with the child's name, class and the amount of money enclosed.
See below for dinner menu.